Updated on July 14, 2012
When you share information with us by creating an account, or when you are using our Services, we may collect and store your information to improve our services and to provide you better service like relevant search results and advertisements, or to help you connect with people and communities you might be interested in.
We do our best to protect your rights of privacy, but we are not liable for any unauthorized or unlawful disclosures of your personal and confidential information made by third parties who are not subject to our control. These third parties include advertisers and websites that have links to our site. The information and privacy practices of our business partners, advertisers, sponsors or other sites to which we provide hyperlinks, may be different from ours.
Information we collect and store
- Profile (Personally Identifiable) Information - Information which you provide when you create an account such as your name, email, date of birth, marital status, gender, religion, age, education, address, phone number, etc.
- Service Usage - We collect some information when you use our Services. This information may include information of the device you use to access our Services, location information, IP address, browser type, browser language, date and time of login and other service requests, transaction history if there are any banking/e-commerce activities, etc.
- Content Information – These are the content you submit or post on oyepages.com or through our Services, or information of activities you perform using our Services. Any information you post or submit using our Services such as Status updates, Chat, Polls, Blogs, Photos, Messages, Groups, Mobilizers, Pages, etc. This also includes information of friend-requests, friend list, Likes, your favorite communities, etc.
- Local Storage - We may collect and store information locally on your devices such as your mobile phones, laptops, etc.
How we use your information
We collect and store your personal and other information to provide you our Services, to manage our relationship with you, to improve your user experience and overall quality of our Services.
We use your information to offer you tailored content, like showing you more relevant search results, people and communities you might be interested in, promotional items and advertisements. Based on your Privacy Settings, some of your Profile Information may not be visible to other users on your Profile page, but we may internally use some of your Profile Information to show other users relevant search results and while they browse our site.
Your Oye! Signature consists of your name, your profile picture, and some additional information provided by you in your Profile. By selecting an Oye! Signature, you inform us which Profile Information you want to make publicly visible. We show your Oye! Signature in search results, on various other pages, and may also use it to promote our Services.
We may keep a record of your communication with OyePages to help solve any issues you or other users might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our existing and new services, and about upcoming changes or improvements.
We may have our computer resources in more than one country, and we may store your personal information on a server located outside the country where you live.
Managing your information
As a registered user, you may, at any time, add, delete or update the Profile information you have submitted to us. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request. You should use the Privacy Setting options to manage how and with whom you want to share your personal information.
Note that submitting all profile information is not mandatory to maintain your account with OyePages. Most of the information like your marital status, address, phone number, etc. is optional.
You can also cancel your account if you do not wish to use our Services. We try to maintain our Services to protect information from any accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, we may not immediately delete all copies from all active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
All profile or other information collected by OyePages in connection with your use of the Services of OyePages, including, without limitation, your name, address, email, photos, friend connections, messages, comments, login information, IP addresses and other data, will be stored by OyePages indefinitely in a safe and secure manner.
Protecting your Information
Personal Information Sharing
We may share your personal information with entities or individuals outside of OyePages if we believe that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, such as investigation of potential violations
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of OyePages, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share your information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of OyePages when we have your consent to do so.
We use certain information in an aggregated form to compile statistical and demographical profiles for our business, marketing activities and to improve our Services. We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our Services.
Changes in our Privacy
Though we have implemented security measures to protect member information from loss, misuse and alteration, we cannot guarantee the security of member account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of member information.